The school has a school wide participation and achievement award named after ex-pupil and NZ All Black,
Students are challenged to participate in the four categories of Academic, Arts, Sport and School Culture throughout the year. Each category has six events for the students to participate in and strive for excellence at. Achieving three tasks will earn a Bronze Award, four tasks a Silver Award and five or more a Gold Award. Once gold status is achieved the student can complete community service to earn a Distinction Award.
The Latimer bars are presented at school assemblies with the Gold and Distinction being presented at the end of year prize giving. The annual criteria for the Latimer is below:
LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT
To achieve 3/6 events in all categories of Sport, Arts, Academic and School Culture. All events must be verified.
To achieve 4/6 events in all categories of Sport, Arts, Academic and School Culture. All events must be verified.
To achieve 5/6 events in all categories of Sport, Arts, Academic and School Culture. All events must be verified.
To achieve a Gold award and also complete the Community service section. All events must be verified and confirmed by school.
CATEGORIES AND CRITERIA
- Participate fully in the KiaKaha Fun Run to completion
- Participate fully in School Cross Country /Swimming sports/ Athletics
- Play sport in a team for TPI for a sustained period of time (Netball, Softball, Touch, Tai Mitchell, Hockey, Boxfit etc)
- Represent TPI at the Inter-school sporting fixtures at least once
- Consistently have PE gear and contribute positively showing excellent sportsmanship
- Increase at least 1 level in ‘The Beep Test’.
- Contribute and participate to creativity within Technology
- Have an active role in your class assembly
- Show commitment to a performing arts group e.g. band/culture club/dance / choir / kapahaka/aerobics/arts lunch club/ cheerleading or music
- Create Visual Art published for school wide /public display Art, Movie, Website design, Graphics/ You Tube Channel
- Have an active role in either, Interarts or Freshmoves or Production
- Attend the Formal Social Dance practices + Formal Dance.
- Present a school speech/ debate competently
- Complete Readathon – By end of Term 2
- Attend all 3 way conferences leading the discussion around student learning
- Present a completed Inquiry project to the class
- Increase Reading or Writing or Maths by at least 2 sub levels.
- Consistently demonstrate the School Values , Meeting LC Criteria and achieving 95% attendance
- Attend a TPI School Disco, demonstrating appropriate behaviour
- Be an excellent helper during Class Duties/Open Night / School Event (outside of school hours)
- Participate in the SPCA Cup cake fundraiser or 40 hour famine
- Be an effective participant in KiwiCan
- Attend Academic Sharing Evening with a parent / caregiver
(Distinction only. 2 out of 3 to be completed. Verification must be obtained on ‘Headed Notepaper’ and cannot be written by an immediate family member).
- Belong to a community group or club for a minimum of 6 months consecutively
- Volunteer your services to a neighbour in need for a minimum of 8 hours
- Volunteer your time to a charity/ complete a social action / non-profit making organisation for a minimum of 8 hours.