Te Puke Intermediate is a specialist middle school which strives to foster and encourage our students through their middle schooling, recognising the aspirations and beliefs of our bicultural heritage and multi-cultural community.
Is to create confident, connected, active, life long learners through a varied, focused and exciting curriculum.
WHAT MAKES TE PUKE INTERMEDIATE A MIDDLE SCHOOL
• A focus on a narrow age band of pupils. The school is designed, resourced and staffed to meet the needs of 11 – 13 year old emerging adolescents.
• A programme which offers a sense of inquiry and independence through Learning Centres designed to cater for students’ strengths and areas of interest.
• A wide variety of activities without causing disruption to normal learning programmes.
• A fully integrated specialist teaching programme.
• Learning support in literacy, numeracy, technology, life skills and gaining independence.
• An environment where the students can be fully involved in the running of the school. The responsibilities offered are realistic and carried out in conjunction with their peers.
• An extensive range of sporting and camping opportunities designed to offer competition, participation and personal challenge.
• Elements of the curriculum and aspects of the school organisation are designed to prepare students for secondary school.
• Special abilities programmes covering most curriculum areas.
• Schoolwide participation and achievement recognition – The Latimer Award.
The competition between the four houses is played out weekly covering aspects of Sport, Art and Culture. There are other house point incentives offered during the year which add to the rivalry between students and staff members. Students will be in the same house as an older sibling or will be allocated a house on enrolment if they are the oldest in the family. House shirts are also worn for PE and are sold at the school uniform store.
Te Iwi House
Te ihi is the bomb we stand strong, we have no fear, 2016, this is our year
Te ihi is the greatest, te ihi is the best, te ihi is the king kong banging on our chest.
We can beat te mauri we can win the war, we can kick te mana and te wehi out the door
We are big we are blue we are stronger than all of you. watch out world here we come Te Ihi is number 1!
T-E I-H-I T-E I-H-I T-E I-H-I now stop hoora.
Te Mana House
We will, we will – rock you down, shake you up and spit you out
Watch our world here we come Te Mana fans were number one
We are mean, we are keen, we are Te Mana, that’s our team
We are proud, we are strong, we will fight all day long
We’re Te Mana through and through, we’re not red green or blue.
Mana, Mana, Mana, he oh whi he!!!
Te Mauri House
Mele Mele Mele
Hae Hae (Ho) Hae Hae (Ho)
Tiger (Ra) Tiger (Ra)
Bafalo (Mo) Bafalo (Mo)
Who rock the party that rock the party
Te Mauri rock the party who rock the party (x2)
M.A.U.R.I we are the best of T.P.I
G.R.E.E.N we will fight to the very end
Te Wehi House
Te Wehi is translated to mean ‘The Fear’ and we take pride in standing strong and competing fearlessly against others. Our house is represented by the mighty taniwha and we wear the colour red.