Te Puke Intermediate is a specialist middle school which strives to foster and encourage our students through their middle schooling, recognising the aspirations and beliefs of our bicultural heritage and multi-cultural community.
Is to create confident, connected, active, life long learners through a varied, focused and exciting curriculum.
WHAT MAKES TE PUKE INTERMEDIATE A MIDDLE SCHOOL
• A focus on a narrow age band of pupils. The school is designed, resourced and staffed to meet the needs of 11 – 13 year old emerging adolescents.
• A programme which offers a sense of inquiry and independence through Learning Centres designed to cater for students’ strengths and areas of interest.
• A wide variety of activities without causing disruption to normal learning programmes.
• A fully integrated specialist teaching programme.
• Learning support in literacy, numeracy, technology, life skills and gaining independence.
• An environment where the students can be fully involved in the running of the school. The responsibilities offered are realistic and carried out in conjunction with their peers.
• An extensive range of sporting and camping opportunities designed to offer competition, participation and personal challenge.
• Elements of the curriculum and aspects of the school organisation are designed to prepare students for secondary school.
• Special abilities programmes covering most curriculum areas.
• Schoolwide participation and achievement recognition – The Latimer Award.