Wednesday 6 September 2017 – Open Night for all Year 6 students and their families.
Wednesday 20 September 2017 – Open Afternoon 1.30 – 3pm
October 16 – 31 2017 – Individual enrolment interviews held at contributing schools for every student with whanau member.
All enrolment cards collected at interviews by 3 November 2017.
November 6 2017- Placements will begin for all students into Learning Centres and staffing allocated.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
- A focus on a narrow age band of pupils. The school is designed, resourced and staffed to meet the needs of 11 – 13 year old people.
- A programme which offers a sense of inquiry and independence in thought and action without being too concerned over restraints for older and younger people.
- A wide variety of activities without causing disruption to normal learning programmes.
- A fully integrated specialist teaching programme (workshop crafts, information technology, food technology, multi media studies, performance & production, and music).
- Extra help in English, computers, life skills and gaining independence.
- An environment where the students can be fully involved in the running of the school. The responsibilities offered are realistic and carried out in conjunction with their peers.
- A wide variety of teaching styles. Parents are invited to participate with the Principal in choosing a learning environment which best suits the student’s learning and emotional needs.
- Elements of the curriculum and aspects of the school organisation are designed to prepare students for Secondary School.
- An “options” programme whereby pupils and parents can make choices over learning.
- Special abilities programmes covering most curriculum areas.