Through a practical and innovative context, Explore students are provided with a variety of unique and interesting real-life experiences that help them to develop problem solving skills and the ability to think inventively. Explore students are encouraged to become self-managing learners with opportunities across all curriculum subjects. This learning centre places strong emphasis on science, social science and technology to provide rich and engaging learning opportunities.
• Students will actively participate in ‘hands on learning’ opportunities
• Students will demonstrate a willingness to become selfmanaging
• Students will design or produce a piece of work in a unique way.
EXPLORE STUDENT PROFILE
• I am creative, imaginative and passionate about problem solving
• I am eager to participate in rich, hands on learning
• I enjoy deconstructing and rebuilding
• I enjoy machines, motors and motion
• I enjoy inventing and innovation
• I enjoy science
• I am enthusiastic about attending all mediums of technology
• I am learning to work independently and collaboratively
• I am enthusiastic about using ICT tools to enhance learning opportunities
• I am open to new learning and I enjoy challenging tasks
• I understand that my learning will cover the NZ curriculum and include physical activity, PE, fitness and health.