Through a practical and innovative context Explore students are provided with a variety of unique and interesting real-life experiences that help them to develop problem solving skills and the ability to think inventively.
Explore students are encouraged to become self-managing learners with opportunities across all curriculum subjects. This learning centre places strong emphasis on S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) to provide rich and engaging learning opportunities.
- Students will actively participate in ‘hands on learning’ opportunities.
- Students will demonstrate a willingness to become self-managing.
- Students will design or produce a piece of work in a unique way.
EXPLORE STUDENT PROFILE
- I am creative, imaginative and passionate about problem solving.
- I am eager to participate in rich, hands on learning.
- I enjoy deconstructing and rebuilding.
- I enjoy machines, motors and motion.
- I enjoy inventing and innovation.
- I enjoy Science.
- I am enthusiastic about attending all mediums of Technology.
- I am learning to work independently and collaboratively.
- I am enthusiastic about using ICT tools to enhance learning opportunities.
- I am open to new learning and I enjoy challenging tasks.
- I understand that my learning will cover the NZ curriculum and include physical activity, PE, fitness and Health.