Through a practical and innovative context, Explore students are provided with a variety of unique and interesting real-life experiences that help them to develop problem solving skills and the ability to think inventively.
Explore students are encouraged to become self-managing learners with opportunities across all curriculum subjects. This learning centre places strong emphasis on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) to provide rich and engaging learning opportunities.
- Students will actively participate in ‘hands on learning’ opportunities
- Students will demonstrate a willingness to become self-managing
- Students will design or produce a piece of work in a unique way.
Explore Student Profile
- I am creative, imaginative and passionate about problem solving
- I am eager to participate in rich, hands on learning
- I enjoy deconstructing and rebuilding
- I enjoy machines, motors and motion
- I enjoy inventing and innovation
- I enjoy Science
- I am enthusiastic about attending all mediums of Technology
- I am learning to work independently and collaboratively
- I am enthusiastic about using ICT tools to enhance learning opportunities
- I am open to new learning and I enjoy challenging tasks
- I understand that my learning will cover the NZ curriculum and include physical activity, PE, fitness and health.