The Expressive Learning Centre is a learning environment for creative individuals who love to perform and express their individual talents. Expressive learners are outgoing, innovative, interesting and dramatic. We embrace diversity and difference and create a safe, bright and artistic environment. The learning is delivered in an interesting and lively way with an emphasis on performance, presentations and challenging students to think outside the box. The teachers have strengths in the performing arts and facilitate the learning to incorporate dance, drama and music at every opportunity. The highlight of each term is a performance, exhibition or showcase of our talents.
- Students will be expected to participate in a performance in front of an audience with enthusiasm.
- Students will have an interest in at least one of the ‘Arts’ areas of performance.
EXPRESSIVE STUDENT PROFILE
- I am confident to be myself and express my individual talents.
- I express myself through dance, drama, singing or music.
- I take pride in my work and present it to the best of my ability.
- I can set achievable goals and plan my next learning steps.
- I can work independently and organise my daily learning plan.
- I am willing to contribute to a performance.
- I am a creative thinker.
- I am passionate about and show excellence in The Arts.
- I work collaboratively to improve my learning.
- I am enthusiastic about using ICT tools to enhance my learning opportunities.