Energise students are committed to building and developing new skills in a variety of sports and are prepared to better themselves as athletes within a daily fitness programme. They demonstrate excellence in attitude and effort within sport and across all aspects of schooling.
They are interested in improving their health and nutrition and have been actively involved in sports within their school, previously being a part of a team or club. Students learn through a sporting context with high expectations for balancing their sport and physical education alongside their academic achievement.
- Students will compete in at least 1 sport throughout the year (club or school)
- Students will trial for at least 2 different sporting teams during the year.
- Students will display a positive attitude towards all physical activities.
- Students will apply themselves fully within a daily fitness program
- PE Gear is compulsory every day.
- Students will balance their sporting commitments and academic expectations.
ENERGISE STUDENT PROFILE
- I bring my PE gear every day.
- I give 100% to all my learning.
- I have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- I display excellent attitude and sportsmanship.
- I support and include others.
- I am an active listener.
- I push myself to the limit.
- I enjoy being active and I play sport because I love it.
- I am focussed on developing my personal health and fitness.
- I am enthusiastic about using ICT tools to enhance my learning opportunities.
A physical assessment will take place to select students for Energise to ensure students meet the criteria.
The previous school will be asked to endorse the student as having excellent attitude and effort towards striving to reach their best across sporting codes, and fulfilling expectations with schoolwork, sports training and behaviour.