Excel Learning Centre is suited to self-motivated learners that enjoy having some choice and power over their own learning. Goal setting, planning learning targets and following personal interests are a big part of life for the Excel learner. The Excel learner is independent, strives for excellence in all areas and we balance our programme to cover all curriculum areas. Excel students will commonly be interested in what is happening in the world, ethical global issues, innovative and purposeful uses of technology for learning and enjoy collaborating as part of their learning.
- Students will aim for excellence in all curriculum areas.
- Students will be interested in global issues and future problem solving.
- Students will enjoy using technology for learning, creative thinking, discussions and debates.
- Students will enjoy choice in their learning and show evidence of being a self-managing learner.
EXCEL STUDENT PROFILE
- I am open minded, willing to learn new ideas and understand others’ opinions.
- I lead my learning in all curriculum areas.
- I can critically reflect on my own work and that of others.
- I never take the easy road; I always strive for excellence.
- I show integrity and the do the right things at the right time.
- I want to bring about change in areas that I am passionate about.
- I demonstrate confidence and leadership in all areas of my life.
- I enjoy using technology for learning, creative thinking, discussion and debate.
- I am motivated to be a role model of respect, integrity, resilience and perseverance.
- I am a self-managing learner who enjoys choice and ownership over my learning.